Quickbase Release Notes: September 2020
Significant DocuSign Channel Enhancements
The Quick Base Pipelines team has been hard at work enhancing the DocuSign channel. That is just one of the many enhancements coming in the September release:
- The ability to connect to a demo account.
- Filter events are based on the envelope subject.
- Sending an Envelope for signature from template step - all signees with their respective fields are visible, and the fields can be dynamically filled in with data from third-party services.
- PATCH Method available in Webhook Channel
Quick Base File Attachments
The Quick Base channel is now supporting File attachments, which will allow users to send file attachments, uploaded to Quick Base, external services, and upload attachments from external services to Quick Base.
Fields Panel Search
In lieu of scrolling through a long list of fields, users can now search in the Fields Panel, per step, being output from a previous step in your pipeline.
More New Features for The New Table Report
With the new Save/Save As functionality, users can now save any modifications made to their table report as they work. Quick Base has updated the interaction and visual design to lessen accidental saving over standard report settings, all without changing the functionality of the old report.
Improved RESTful API HTTP Status Codes
Quick Base updated the HTTP status messages for RESTful API upsert requests to include HTTP 207 (Multi-Status) in the September release. The status provides a more accurate indication of variable success and failure of the request which previously returned HTTP 200 (OK) status.
Edit RESTful API Summary and Lookup Fields
Builders can now modify the summary and lookup fields’ properties when modifying them in the /fields endpoint.
Mobile Offline Specific Forms
Quick Base builders will now be able to designate a particular form to be displayed when a user is using offline mode in the Quick Base mobile app with the new Mobile Offline Specific Forms.
Upcoming Change for Exchange Connections for Connected Tables
- Microsoft will end Basic Authentication (username and password) access for Office 365 customers On October 13th, 2020. Due to Microsoft’s decision, Quick Base will soon be adding OAuth 2.0 as an authorization type for Exchange connections used by Quick Base Sync. Quick Base will send additional information to existing Exchange connection owners before this change.
Updated Map Styles
- Quick Base will be modernizing the Map reports. An important note about this upgrade: Quick Base will be retiring rarely used styles, which means Maps that use the retired styles will be migrated to the default report behavior. Quick Base will send notifications to users that will encounter this change.
- Quick Base’s new dashboards provide a modern interface and new functionality for users. Users can now filter across selected reports by field values in the underlying data and view collections of reports from across all of your Quick Base applications.
New Table Report Experience
- The new Table Report provides a modern interface to view, sort, filter, and group data when offline. To turn the feature on, users will use the toggle found at the top on each report.
Audit Log API Access
- Quick Base is offering RESTful API access to Audit Logs for customers with that feature on their account.
- Please check your profile in the Early Access application, or create a new one, to ensure Extending Quick Base is selected.
What’s Fixed in Quick Base
Below are the issues Quick Base fixed this month.
Note: Platform security, billing changes, back-end tooling, and performance are all ongoing commitments. Each release may include changes in these areas
- Corrected a problem in the RESTful APIs with the Currency Field quietly accepting invalid strings.
- Quick Base fixed an issue with tables not being deleted and errors being generated when saving changes to a sandbox environment
- Fixed an issue with the color of buttons for URL Fields not displaying in the new report.
To read in more about the entire September release and see the full list of issues fixed, click here.
- Author: Nichole Braswell (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Date Submitted: 10/28/2020