Quick Base Release Notes - July 2020
RESTful API Documentation Updates
This July, Quick Base announced some enhancements to the API Guide for their REST API functionality. Content has been updated with additional information based on user feedback, and the interface has been altered slightly to improve upon the original layout so that the most commonly sought-after information is more visible and available. Additionally, developers can now download the Open API Specification (OAS) to obtain the correct formatting and gain helpful insight when building integrations.
Due to Security concerns, as of August 1st, Internet Explorer v11 will no longer be a viable browser option for your Quick Base to QuickBooks integrations, whether through pipelines or connected tables. Existing connections will not be affected, but no new connections will function when utilizing IE 11. Intuit put out a statement regarding this change with a helpful list of supported browsers that can be used going forward, which can viewed here.
Quick Base has also set a new default feature for HTML File attachments. To improve security, HTML file attachments will no longer open automatically in a new tab or window for viewing. Realm administrators can still authorize this function in their realm and submit a Care case to override this new default.
Quick Base provides the best business value when it’s fast and responsive, so this summer updates have been made to make information on report optimization more accessible to end-users who may be experiencing slow load times for their table, dashboard, or embedded reports. If you find that reports in your realm or application tend to load slowly or fail to load, follow these helpful tips to improve functionality:
For embedded reports, ensure that your application is set to only load reports on the page as you scroll down instead of all at once
- Go to the Application Settings and choose App Properties
- Scroll down to Advanced Settings, and verify that the checkbox beside “Performance options” entitled “Load all embedded reports on a form when the form loads” is unchecked
Change default reports to limit auto-addition of new fields.
- Go to the table settings and choose “Reports & Charts”
- In the upper right corner, choose “Reporting Defaults”
- In the default report settings, under “When a new field is added to this table” choose to have the system ask you before making the field a default column, or turn off auto-additions altogether with the don’t add option:
Other considerations for optimizing report loading speed include reducing the number of look up and summary fields that appear in reports, as well as being considerate of how many formula fields are being used as columns and the level of calculation before the final data is displayed. For more details about optimizing speed in your Quick Base Application, visit the Performance Analyzer guide here.
Other Changes and Bug Fixes
Of particular interest to developers, Quick Base included in this month’s release an upgrade of the Pipelines Jinja library from the 2.8 to the 2.11.2 version, details of which can be viewed here.
The roster of Bug Fixes this month includes:
- Corrections to Kanban reports still displaying deleted cards
- An update for Safari users who found the New table report style was running off the page
- A resolution for a common issue that caused multiple embedded reports originating from the same table to fail to load correctly
To read in more detail about the entire July release and see the full list of issues fixed, click here.
- Author: Christine Garam (email@example.com)
- Date Submitted: 8/12/2020