7 Critical Workforce Management Software Features
Construction projects involve complex webs of workflows with overlapping processes that are critical to success. For your investment in a new workforce management system to pay off, it needs to go beyond labor tracking.
Instead, you need a comprehensive system that can automate many of the processes in your construction projects.
7 Key Features for Your Workforce Management WFM system
- Schedule Management: Effortlessly manage your team and automatically account for events like vacations, changes in workloads, and planned or unplanned absences.
- Clear Data Dashboarding and Reporting: Get clear data insights in real-time that your team can interpret at a glance.
- Performance Tracking and Management: Track the performance, attendance, and punctuality of your workers, so you can address any issues.
- Training, Coaching, and Certification/Credential Management: Identify the team members who need the support and training, so you can stay compliant, maintain labor requirements, and avoid lawsuits while fulfilling employee agreements.
- Human Resource Management: Manage the onboarding, reviews, support, and offboarding of your staff without excessive administrative costs. Discover what your employees need to succeed and guide your management team to fulfill those needs.
- Payroll and Benefits Management: Connect your timesheets to your payroll for fast, easy custom reporting. Streamline payments with automated invoicing, instant payment, and end-of-shift payments.
- Project Forecasting: Improve your agility by using data to predict your future needs on a project and ensuring your team finishes the project on time.
Workforce Management on a Budget with Low-Code
Every construction business out there feels the drive to automate and streamline systems. In fact, workforce management isn’t a new concept. It’s just that the tools are getting better and better. And you’ll need tech to stand out.
But, investing in new systems isn’t cheap. Technology comes with a price tag that continues to increase.
And there are other risks…
If you bet on the wrong system, you may end up spending more than you save. Plus, if the system you transition to fails, it can damage trust and confidence among your staff for future transitions.
What’s worse, time is a premium you can’t afford to waste by switching to a workforce management system that doesn’t fit your exact needs or work culture.
Your platform should also easily integrate into your existing and new systems. If it can’t you’ll just end up with a partly automated process while still relying on spreadsheets to fill the gaps.
That’s where low-code offers an advantage over turnkey workforce management solutions.
Why Discovery Is Critical to WFM Success
At Quandary, we start with a deep dive into your business. Our discovery process is extensive. We learn about your specific business needs, your workplace culture, and your goals.
After, we carve our way down to the root of your problems and design lean solutions with the team members who will use them.
The end result is a workflow management system built using low-code that scales and meets your exact needs. And because we work directly with your team, it’s much easier for your staff to transition and adopt these new systems.
How Low-Code Reduces Risk
Low-code is a much more cost-effective way to build applications. The drag and drop interface allows us to quickly build the systems you need with prefabricated code. This reduces your risk.
It’s also easy to build the APIs you need to connect your new WFM system with your existing platforms. Or, to build new versions of your existing auxiliary systems (like accounting, HR, payroll, etc.) in low-code and connect everything together.
With low-code, you can collapse your back-office costs, automate away menial tasks, and streamline all your workforce operations on a single custom platform.
You also won’t need to invest 7-figures at the start of the project and wait months for a solution that may or may not deliver. And you won’t have to stuff your business into the framework of a cookie-cutter solution. Instead, you get a much more affordable system that works.
See how we've helped our clients improve their businesses and get insane ROIs by checking out our case studies below.