The client's presidential campaign was active for a little over 3 months. The run-up to Super Tuesday was incredibly fast. As a result, the campaign had to put together a staff in a few weeks when the other candidates had had months or years.
At first, the campaign tried to use Google Docs, Greenhouse, and other forms to manage data from staff located across the country. Predictably, this led to many errors, duplication, missing data. Ultimately, the dataset became unreliable.
“We worked with Quandary on an implementation of a personnel management system. They were incredibly quick at building a tool to fit our niche use case and also figured out how to integrate it with Greenhouse.
TJ was awesome and was super helpful and willing to put in long hours to build a tool that worked for us in a crazy environment. We'd definitely work with Quandary again!”
A few weeks before Super Tuesday, the campaign client realized they required a much more robust and streamlined system. They needed to move their staff efficiently and accurately from Super Tuesday states to other states with later primaries. And Google Docs and forms were insufficient.
At this point, the client consulted Quandary Consulting Group. Our team of tech consultants quickly put together a sprint.
Here's what we did:
- Created a customized app from scratch to maintain all the campaign’s staff in Quickbase
- Built HR and manager approval workflows into the system to save time
- Designed customized dashboards based on State, Region, and Role, allowing staff to quickly and easily find pertinent information
- Integrated the campaign’s hiring portal, Greenhouse, into Quickbase (this created complete, accurate data sets without duplicates
- Launched a system that was ready to handle thousands of staff reassignments as people moved to new states.
After the disappointing results for the campaign, we fed the data into a new app (designed and built in a week) that handled the offboarding of staff in multiple tranches.
The new personnel management system we built for our client helped:
- Improve data accuracy for over 2,000 staff members
- Reduce data entry and errors by integrating various systems for over 15,000 candidates
- Reduce data-entry and data-entry error by automating the review, approval, and rejection processes
- Improve reporting and workflows