This company services clients nationwide with teams of General Contracting Specialists and Systems Integration Specialists focused on construction and proprietary systems integration within the medical, education, commercial, government and solar fields. Excelling in the medical industry, technicians are manufacturer certified to install and fully integrate operating room equipment and hospital construction projects from clean room renovations to new construction.
The company had no way to track inventory inside their warehouse or in the field. Tools and equipment were given to employees, traded amongst employees, broken, lost, stolen, etc. with no way to track them. They found themselves overspending on equipment they already owned but had no way of tracking. When employees left the company, so did their company-owned tools. This also became a burden for accounting to log assets on their Balance Sheet. This company needed a way to track inventory and manage it strategically.
BUILT ROBUST INVENTORY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM IN QUICK BASE
Quandary was able to create a system to effectively track and manage their inventory. The system is robust to accommodate the unique inventory workflows this company maintains. They have the ability to check out equipment from their warehouse to employees, request new inventory from stores when inventory gets low, temporarily collect a technician's set of tools to calibrate, transfer tools from one employee to another, and much more. The system also tracks warranty information as well as all maintenance history and upcoming required maintenance. At any given moment, their system shows a clear picture of what inventory they have on hand, which supplies are checked out, and what inventory they need to purchase, repair, or replace. They are also able to chargeback employees for lost or broken inventory items when the employee was at fault. Accounting is able to see clear reporting to log asset increases and decreases on their balance sheet. When a technician in the field needs a new piece of equipment, they are able to request new items directly from their dashboard. When an inventory item is directly correlated to a project, there is also functionality to track against the project for billing purposes.
- Over 1,000 inventory items tracked and managed in Quick Base
- Over $50,000 in assets tracked
- Ability to view total dollar value on hand and total dollar value issued out
- Accounting reporting to log assets and expenses
- Ability to request additional supplies from vendors when a certain level is hit
- Technician ability to request new tools or equipment from management
- Ability to track inventory losses
- Track maintenance schedules and warranty information
- Charge back employees for losses when applicable
- Issue out equipment with employee acknowledgment of receipt
- Transfer inventory between employees
- Reporting on inventory by category