Need a new website for your company and are looking for affordable web design services? In our digital world, an optimized lead-driving website is the most important marketing asset for any business. Consider this: according to statistics, 81% of consumers research a business or a service before making a purchase decision and if they don’t see you, it means that your business doesn’t exist and you’ll never have a chance to capture a share on this market. Modern consumers expect companies to have an online presence and if you don’t have a website, they may think your company is less professional.
Read on to learn how to create a business website that drives sales. We will discuss an agile approach to a web design and development project and give you some advice on how to choose the right web design company.
Let’s start with some statistics which prove that having a website is important for your business:
- Half of today’s tech-savvy consumers prefer to visit company websites to find branded content and product information.
- 4 of 5 internet users use search engines to find information about local businesses and there are more than 3.5 billion Google searches every day. Chances are that someone in your area is searching for a service like yours at this very moment.
- 63% of internet users used a website to find local business and interact with it.
- 56% of consumers reported that they won’t trust a company without a website. Having a good business website, you can instantly boost your credibility.
- 48% of internet users consider website design the most important indicator of a company’s credibility. And consumers are more likely to deal with a company they trust.
What Are the Features of a Sales-Driving Design?
If you want to win customers and keep them, your website needs to present a professional image of your brand. Branding is important for businesses of all sizes because it helps people differentiate between competition. Although branding is a complex process it applies to web design as well. That’s why you need a powerful and effective web design that will set you apart and make your website memorable. You need a website for brand building to communicate your unique value proposition and to showcase your authority, values, and culture.
If you want to gain a competitive edge, your business website needs to be mobile-friendly which means that it should function great on any mobile device. 57% of all US online traffic comes from smartphones and tablets and 91% of mobile users think that mobile access to content is very important. They may consider leaving a website if they are unable to find what they are looking for and may visit your competitors who provide a better mobile experience. Besides, Google also ranks mobile-friendly websites higher in engine search results.
Modern consumers don’t like to wait so they have very high demands when it comes to speed. Your business website needs to be fast. Half of the internet users expect a website to load in not more than 3 seconds and will abandon the web page if it takes longer than 3 seconds to load. And don’t forget that website speed is one of Google’s ranking factors.
It’s important to make your web design SEO-friendly if you want to improve your website visibility and ranking with search engines and receive a high amount of traffic. Billions of people use search engines every day but less than 5% of them navigate past the first page of the SERP. It’s critical to deal with web design companies that can integrate SEO strategies into the web design process and optimize your website for the best SEO practices.
Want to know more? Get in touch!
Stages of Web Design and Development Process
There are 2 primary approaches that web design companies use for a productive team communication. A traditional approach (often referred to as a Waterfall approach) to web design and web development process means planning upfront and completing projects in sequential phases such as analysis, plan, design, development, testing, and deployment. The web development team moves from one phase to another, one at a time. The client’s requirements may change as the project goes on but there is little space for new ideas or changes. It’s impossible to make necessary changes in one completed step of the project without disrupting the other ones and it can result in missed deadlines and additional costs.
These days, companies are more reluctant to implement big web design projects without a deep understanding of their chances to succeed. As a response to their needs, the agile approach was created. It is more dynamic and collaborative and is particularly effective with large, complex, and creative projects. A typical agile project runs in a series of sprints or cycles that include discovery, design, development, and testing. The agile approach allows to release the final product to the market faster and requires incremental investment. The agile approach reduces risk by early feedback and testing and makes it possible to change the direction if new opportunities arise during the project.
Key Steps in Building a Website
The exact website design and development process may vary slightly in different companies but the basics are the same.
The first step is gathering information about the client’s needs to get a clear understanding of the ultimate objectives of the website. It’s important to learn more about the client’s business, their competitors, target market and customers, their business goals, and preferences in terms of content, functionality, and aesthetics.
During this stage, a SEO strategy is created. Then, a sitemap and a wireframe are developed to show the client how a website will flow. A sitemap contains a list of topic areas and describes the relationships between them and a wireframe focuses on the layout and gives a future website a visual structure.
A designer creates the actual look and feel of the future website. With visual content such as images, photos, videos, colors, logos, the future website starts to take shape. The designer creates a prototype by combining style and layout and adapting user experience. The prototype is tested to ensure that it meets the client’s needs. After that, the designer makes improvements based on the client’s feedback. This process may take some time depending on the number of cycles needed to give the design a final polished look.
At this stage, the code is written to create the actual website. Typically, the home page is built first and then all the interior pages are added. Another important aspect at this stage is SEO optimization.
5. Testing and Launch
The web design and development team checks the entire website – links, forms, and design elements to ensure that everything works well and displays correctly. Then, the site is uploaded to a server and the final check is performed. When your site is launched, it’s time to celebrate.
But keep in mind that your business website is a living thing that must meet the evolving needs of your target audience. When your SEO-optimized website goes live, it is actually just the very beginning of the project and not its end. Now you have an opportunity to improve the functionality and performance of your website by gathering data about the user behavior, analyzing it, and refining your strategy. You will need to work hard on constant conversion rate optimization (CRO) and on the improvement of user experience.
Conversion Rate Optimization
Conversion rate optimization is the priority for any lead generation strategy. Conversion rate reveals the percentage of your website’s total traffic completing the desired actions – your specific goals such as a purchase, an email sign-up, completing a survey, downloading a white paper, creating an account. CRO is important because it allows decreasing your customer acquisition costs by getting more value from your website’s visitors. By improving your CRO, you can increase revenue per visitor and grow a successful online business.
Wondering how to improve CRO for your website? There are several valuable areas that companies need to focus on to transform their visitors into clients:
- Analysis of user behavior
- Gathering customer feedback/conducting online surveys
- Creating content that converts
- Customer segmentation
- Cart abandonment analysis
- A/B and multivariate testing
Have a growth target? Let’s reach it!
When we talk about focusing on user experience (UX), we mean having a good understanding of users, their values, needs, limitations, and abilities. Your users’ needs may change due to a number of factors so you need to often make major changes to your website to improve the user experience. Keep in mind that poor user experience will eventually result in poor conversion rate so you should invest your time and money into improving UX as a part of your digital marketing strategy.
What factors influence user experience? You need to create a content-rich and meaningfully designed company’s website that keeps your visitors engaged. Your task is to ensure that your website’s users can find value. That means that the information you provide must be
- Usable – your business website should be easy to use.
- Useful – the content on your site should fulfill the need and be original.
- Accessible to people with disabilities
- Findable – users should be able to easily find your content using search engines and navigate your site
- Credible – your website’s visitors must trust you.
- Desirable – images, brand logo, and other design element need to appeal to people’s emotions.
How to Choose Web Design Companies That Are Worth Your Attention
So you’ve decided you need a new website but with so many web design companies out there, how to choose the right one? Here are 5 tips.
- Do an online search to find web design companies in your area if the location is important to you and make a short list of possible web design agencies. Make sure that the company of your choice has a location where you can meet them and discuss your project details.
- Look for a company that has a proven experience in creating sites for a variety of industries and have worked both at the local and national levels. Visit their own websites and check out portfolio sections to see examples of their work.
- Ask them about their approach to user experience and make sure they use specific tactics to put UX at the center of their design. Make sure that web designers keep up with the latest design trends such as responsive design, parallax scrolling etc.
- Look for a company where the team will listen to your ideas and share their own ideas as well.
- Choose a company that also specializes in digital marketing to ensure that your company’s website will deliver the results you want. It’s important to create a website, taking into account the real needs of your target audience. If you hire Quandary team, we can perform a target market analysis and create customer profiles and market segments. Our experts can also help you with ongoing digital marketing, by performing a website audit and suggesting areas for improvement.
Why Do Companies Choose Quandary Web Design Services?
Need help with web design and development of a website to attract new customers to your business? Quandary web development team can help you create an elegant web design that perfectly fits your brand. We offer a variety of professional web design services to help you build your business’ online presence and get noticed by your potential clients. Whether you need affordable web design services for small businesses or highly customized web portals of enterprise-level, we’ve got you covered.
We specialize in custom sales-driving web designs and can help you have an amazing website that perfectly targets your market and your customers. We use the agile methodology for custom projects with complex features and offer our clients the flexibility to change their scope. With Quandary team, you stay in control of the website we’re building for you. If you are ready to get started with a high-performing website that will convert your visitors into leads, contact us to learn how we can help you create the perfect custom website for all your needs. Schedule your free consultation today!